Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Journey

Welcome everyone and thank you for your time.

To start, this is about a journey. A journey to where, I do not know, but it is in the pursuit of the question. What I will find, learn or discover, I hope it will bring me to a new place if not reminding me of a place I have been before.

There are many questions. Answers, some we have, others, we do not. You have to keep asking in order to keep the journey alive. And perhaps somewhere along the way, things might begin to make sense, if not, you keep moving along.

The Good Monster, let me quote Dan Haseltine, lead singer of Jars of Clay, talking about their record "Good Monsters."
“There have been so many things to look at and describe. This record is part confessional, part euphoric love poem, part bitter divorce, and part benediction. It was born out of many experiences and conversations between addicts, failures, lovers, loners, believers, and beggars. And so the language of recovery and the honest discourse about our attempts to live apart from God and apart from each other is a theme. Engaging people who are doing the hard work of laying their lives open to others, and avoiding isolation, has allowed me to see that there is both immeasurable evil and unfathomable good mixing under my own skin and it is grace, mercy and freedom that allow me to not simply be a monster, but to be a good monster.”
It is grace and mercy and freedom that allows me to not simply be a monster, but for me to be a "good monster."

May you have a blessed day and find grace and mercy and freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment